These healthy, delicious, convenient, and easy FT sticks leaves no mess and easy cleanup, which is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch to devour with freshly squeezed orange juice or a cup of great coffee.
Baking them also cuts calories and no stove work. And berries and bananas adds extra fresh flavor but also lots of antioxidants, vitamin A & C, potassium, and more. Afterwards, you can move at the speed of sloths and just let the weekend go by.
Eat these with fork and knives or with your fingers. Kids to grownups will love it. You can easily cut this recipe in half for a smaller group. Also, leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for another day or an afternoon snack.
- 8 slices thick bread cut into 1 inch strips. Whole grain bread and organic preferred
- 1 1/2 cups organic soy, almond, coconut, or any nut milk
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup; organic preferred and at room temperature
- Organic fresh berries and/or banana slices (optional but recommended)
- Cinnamon or powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
Cut each slice of bread into 1 inch sticks. Usually 3 sticks per slice.
In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until well
Dip each sticks into the mixture; rotating to get it fully covered.
Place the sticks onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway and bake for another few minutes.
Service immediately with fresh berries and/or banana slices with maple syrup and enjoy!